THE VALUE OF PEOPLE
We are committed keeping The Property Palace at the apex of Ipswich Real Estate, and the key is our people.
A business is only as good as the people it employs, and perhaps this is no more true than in Real Estate. Our office culture is supportive of our employee’s personal and professional goals, while providing industry leading training to keep us on the cutting edge of best practice. This translates into optimal performance within our team, and ultimately, better results for, you, our valued clients.
The Property Palace offers a full range of property services.
- Residential Sales
- Residential Rentals
- Commercial Property Transactions
Our RENTALS DIVISION offers premium service at surprisingly competitive rates.
We offer realistic obligation free rental appraisals.
FEES AND CHARGES
Our fees and charges are as follows:
- Rent collection 5% + GST
- Management Fee 3.5% + GST
- Postage & Petties $5.00 + GST per month
- Letting Fee Equal to first weeks Rent + GST
If you have more than one property in your portfolio please ask about our reduced fees, we are always happy to negotiate to suit the circumstance.
- Routine Quarterly inspections—a written report is posted to you out lining the condition of the property and if there are any maintenance issues to be addressed.
- Daily monitoring of rental monies ensuring Tenants are not in arrears.
- Lease renewals—Landlord is always contacted prior to renewing of leases.
- Ensuring bond monies are lodged with RTA (Residential Tenancies Authority)
- Representation at Small Claims Tribunal if necessary.
- Payment of funds to Landlord at the end of each month and issuing of monthly statements, Financial Statements are also issued at the end of the Financial Year.
TENANT SELECTION PROCESS
- An appointment is made, we do not hand out keys to prospective tenants.
- An application is submitted and an informal interview takes place.
- We require 100 points identification check with photocopies of all documentation.
- Full reference check is completed with follow up calls to previous and current landlords, employment checks and a search with TICA (Tenancy Information Centre of Australia) for prior defaults against their names.
- The decision on acceptance of a tenant is solely at the discretion of the Landlord.
All maintenance issues reported by tenants or noted by the Property Manager during Routine Inspections are notified to you, at which time we will obtain your
instructions on how you wish our office to proceed.
We do have reliable tradespeople that we use through the office, however, if a landlord wishes to carry out their own maintenance or they have a preferred tradesperson they wish the office to use, then it is not an issue. However, we do wish to remind Landlords that the correct notice must be issued to tenants.
Maintenance is a serious issue, and when dealt with correctly prevents problems escalating out of control creating further or more serious problems from occurring.
LANDLORD PROTECTION INSURANCE
Landlord Protection Insurance is vital to ensuring your investment is well protected. Your building insurance does not cover the loss of rental payments or damage done to your property by a tenant. Your Investment Property is the second biggest thing you will do financially in your life…
Our Property Management Department is not prepared to let you take that risk.
In Queensland it is compulsory that all rental properties be fitted with smoke alarms, if you do not install them, you are open to liability should there be a fire.
Our office is open Monday to Friday from 8.30am to 5.00 pm and Saturdays 9.00 am to 2.00 pm, with the Property Manager being contactable on mobile. Alternatively you can stay in touch at all times via email, please ensure you have provided your email address.